Tail rot??

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Tail rot??

Postby LeopoldTheLizard » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:51 am

Hello, I have a 5 month old bearded dragon and besides the small twitch in his tail he had since birth, the tip of his tail seems to be darker. I'm not sure if this is tail rot and I wanted to ask first since i don't want to go to the vet for no reason. In the picture below you can see the tail.
Thank you

[Click image to enlarge]
LeopoldTheLizard
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Tail rot??

Postby KarrieRee » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:32 am

That doesnt look good to me but I am not a vet--- AHBD or Tracie would haft to look at this--
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:44 pm

If the kink has been there all along, it's probably not an issue on its own. The darkening may just be natural darker color along the end of the tail which is normal and common, or perhaps shed related. If the tail looks like it's starting to shrivel or the kinked area appears to be expanding, it may indicate a problem and should be checked out by a vet.
CooperDragon

Postby AHBD » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:45 pm

Those type of things are tricky and some don't get worse but others are actually tail rot under the dark thin area. Can you get a couple more pics in good light ?
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER