Xray review. Vet says fat

Status
Not open for further replies.

LinzCooke

Hello everyone

My beardie has not eaten for 3 weeks. We saw a vet who said she had worms (is being treated, second dose in 4 days). He also said she was impacted and had us giving her laxatives for a week.

This vet went on holiday so had to go to a different one, who took an xray and said beardie was just overweight and the white areas on xray was fat.

I have had issues with other vets in the past so I got the xray and wanted to ask for others opinions. She said because of the positioning of the white bits and the consistency its not sand/food impaction (sand now removed from viv).

Thank you (hope this pic works)

https://ibb.co/G9xhmpX

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sometimes x-rays are hard to read. I don't think that there are any eggs but a possibility.
How much does she weigh currently & has she ever laid any eggs?
How long ago did you remove the sand? There could be an impaction but if her stools have
been normal sized it is not likely. Has her beard been dark at all?
A laxative may be helpful, did the vet give lactulose? Please do not under any circumstances
let him give her any enemas at all. They are extremely risky, dangerous & more times than
not, result in a death.
What dewormer is being used to treat the worms?

Tracie

LinzCooke

Original Poster
Hi Tracie

Yes black beard. Stools were very dihorreary but no poop now for 5 days only urate as hasnt eaten for 3 weeks.

The first vet did an ennema already :-(

The sand only went 2 days ago.

The second vet reccomended waiting for second dose of wormer and to try drop baby food on nose to get to eat. I just worry thst its not fat and is impaction. She said no egg folicles and she has never laid eggs before.

Dewormer is panacur

Second vet said laxatives bad idea since no impaction and not eating x

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, poor girl is not feeling well for sure but you can def. cut out the laxatives and give her natural laxatives that are just baby food. I doubt that she's impacted and agree that she's overweight. Important question, how long had she not gone poo before you took her to the first vet for an enema ? As tracie said those are dangerous. Right now just get some baby food squash or sweet potato and if you have any raw honey add a drop or two but the baby food alone will help IF there's any impaction and is all natural. Her black beard is going on because of all the treatment, esp. the enema.

LinzCooke

Original Poster
Well, she hadnt eaten for 2 weeks and vet saw she was bloated and had a lump in belly. She was pooping every day but the poo bit was more like jelly so vet said propper poo was geting stuck. He didnt even xray just did enema and laxatives

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You know, the more I look at the XRay and compare it to others online it looks like there may be something there. It could even possibly be a combination of impaction as well as egg follicles [ follicular stasis ] or just egg follicles. What do you think Tracie ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your girl doing?
I agree, egg issues was something that stood out to me. I can try to see if I can download
them to increase resonance, or if you want to email them to me, I can try to edit. I am thinking
she is egg bound in some form or fashion which need to be addressed immediately.

Tracie

LinzCooke

Original Poster
Hi Tracie

The vet said couldnt see any egg folicles but I would be glad to email the pic for your review x

She is up and basking this morning, had some sweet potato puree yesterday and a poo but it was very jelly ish.

Is your email on the forum somehow?

Thanks

LinzCooke

Original Poster
Just found she has been sick :-(

Maybe puree not a good idea while she is being treated for worms since gut will be all upset :-(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh I am sorry! So she is now on dewormers?
I will PM you my email so you can send copies of the x-ray if you would like. I'll see what I can
do with increasing the resonance or clarity. Hopefully she doesn't have any follicles or egg
binding issues!
How is she doing today?

Tracie

LinzCooke

Original Poster
Yes she had first dose of dewormer 13 days ago. 2nd is this weekend x

She got up but lethargic and grumpy x

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Thanks for sending a copy of the x-ray to my email. I'll look it over again & see if I can zoom in
anymore to determine anything else.
She was lethargic this morning?
I wouldn't feed a whole lot but she does need to get her nutrition though. Has she shown any
interest in any food?
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

LinzCooke

Original Poster
Morning

No, no interest in food what so ever. Tried variety of insects and veg to tempt. Will only eat puree if I syringe it in.

Yesterday she moved about a little bit, basked but mainly layed down.

This morning has got up to bask, some watery urate in viv.

Just don't know what best to do :-(

LinzCooke

Original Poster
Got her out for a bit and dropped some water with repti boost on nose. She quite earerly lapped up so got around 2ml. Don't want to give any more in case she is sick again.

I am thinking maybe an infection but with her lack of eating and pooping I havent veen able to get a feacal test. I asked if we could give antibiotics antway and vet said no as it upsets the gut.

We have vets again tmoz for 2nd wormer. Us there anything I should ask/mention x

LinzCooke

Original Poster
At vets now.

Taken major turn for worse. Totally out of it and gasping :-( probably won't be taking her home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom