Help to save my daughters Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I agree. The tank needs to be unblocked. They need to be able to regulate their temp throughout the day and when it is blocked off like that they are basically forced into one temperature gradient which is not good. That could also be contributing to her not eating. They also need ample space to walk around and get exercise.

Your cool end should read 75 so if she does choose to cool down she can. My tank has a cool area of 75 and in the middle on the floor by my basking log reads 82-85 and my basking area is 102. Please ensure you correct the temperature gradient that will make her much happier.

You did not say whether or not she has pooped recently or that you could remember. Stimulating a bowel movement by giving her a nice warm bath would at least be able to rule out the issue of impaction. Is her tail crooked like that - or is that just the angle of the picture? A calcium deficiency could be an issue with the malformed bone structure and twitching.

I agree that the UVB should be mounted inside the tank or at the very least you should cut a hole in the screen to accommodate the size of the UVB so it is better able to penetrate into the tank.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, hopefully we can help your sweet dragon. It may be calcium deficiency leading to MBD by the sounds of it. This can happen if the bulb is not close enough and is also obstructed by the screen, the dragon can't absorb calcium which affects every function of the body. You will need to attach the uvb fixture under the screen like this.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30028/full

Use picture hanging wire or something similar. If it's sunny outside take him/her out to sit in the grass with you. Get some Reptaboost , mix with water and a pinch of calcium powder and offer it via syringe.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

One question, how large are the feeders that you are giving her? You mentioned that she just
all of the sudden couldn't use her hind legs?
Be sure the crickets or other feeds are not too big, which can cause terrible impactions. The
lighting of course, plays a vital role, too.
Is she still impacted or has she gone to the bathroom yet?

Tracie

alisa26

Original Poster
She has gone to the bathroom and ate some greens this morning. We are working on moving the lighting to inside of her tank.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your girl doing today?
Were you able to get the light mounted on the inside of the tank for her also? I hope so, that
will really help out a lot for her UVB needs.
That's great she went to the bathroom. How much greens did she eat?
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

alisa26

Original Poster
Yes we moved light to inside the tank. She is doing better. Eating roaches and greens every day. Thank you all for your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom