Help! Beardie rolling over and doesn't use back legs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

This will be a semi long post so bare with me here.

I got a baby beardie about 2 months ago. I was told he was about a month old (although I now think he was older than that). He has always been small for his size and didn't eat very well the first month. We found out he had pinworms and had him treated accordingly and he started to grow a ton for about 2 weeks. After that he slowed down eating and growing. His husbandry is perfect and I have been reassured this on here and by my vet.

About last week he developed a kink in his tail (almost a 90 degree turn) and I figured it was early stages of MBD likely from his lack of eating during his month with parasites.

About 5 days ago the kink worked its self out as I upped his calcium intake. However, his back then started to curve. I called the vet and they said keep an eye on him and if it gets worse I need to bring him in.

So he hasn't been eating nearly his normal amount (usually 50 dubia a day now down to maybe 15 to 20). But what has really scared me is this evening he began rolling onto his back. He has done it twice tonight. I have an emergency vet visit tomorrow to see what they say but I am prepared for the worst. He still poops regularly so I know it's not an impaction.

This is when I sort of realized that while I have had him he would tend to look upward, not straight up though. I figured he was soaking up the sun but with him rolling I'm beginning to think maybe he wasnt breed right and has neurological issues. I don't want the little guy to suffer but I don't know what to do with him, hopefully the vet can give me some insight tomorrow. What would you do in my situation?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Get him into the vet and I hope its a good one --- it sounds like ADV -- adenovirus- please have him checked for that---
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How was the vet appointment today? I hope it went well.
Can you review your tank setup with us, such as the type/brand of UVB light, supplementation,
Poor thing, it does sound like he may have neurological issues. Sometimes they don't absorb
their calcium properly. Do you have the UVB mounted properly, directly overhead?
If you have a copy of the blood tests, I can look over them for you if they did a blood test.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom