Black streaks on chin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhemphill

Hi,
my name is Bennett and I have a 2 1/2 year old bearded dragon named Buddy. I have two questions. First, over the past few weeks, Buddy has pooped every one to three days as normal but his poops have gotten smaller and smaller and a little softer, also they have gotten lighter in color and have turned to more yellowy Orange colors. We are not sure if this is because he has started having more sweet potatoes, red bell pepper and carrots, or if it’s because he has parasites or something like that. Next, yesterday we put Buddy out in his outdoor wire cage like we normally do and let him absorb a little sun. We left him outside for a bout an hour and it was around 80 degrees and very sunny. I guess we left him out for too long though because his beard and tail became black and his mouth was open for what I assumed was to release heat. Also his core body temperature was very hot and he was acting kind of sluggish and unresponsive. We quickly put him into a room temperature bath to cool him down and within 5-10 minutes he was opening his eyes, holding his head up and looking around. After his body temperature felt more normal to my hands I took him out and he was back to running around and munching on crickets. Only this morning his chin still has two black streaks on either side. Is Buddy okay?

Thanks so much
Bennett Hemphill

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The coloring of the poop I would say is what your feeding him --- the streaks on the chin could be stress related not sure - can you post a pic so we can see?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Not sure what that is but I dont think its stress- did this pop up after the outside thing? Some body on the board is gonnna haft to look to see what they think it is
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom