Beardie has a broken toe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charizard16

I came home from work Friday and saw that his “thumb” nail was bent at the place the nail meets flesh. I kept an eye on him and he was acting normal. Saturday the scales started to change and some swelling occurred and then yesterday his toe started to shed. Do I need to seek medical attention for him?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It definitely is twisted.
Is there anything in the tank he could have snagged it on? It's one of the reasons I dont like those green hammocks because they can get their nails stuck which causes them to panic and rip it off.

That being said, if it's not an open wound and it's not causing him any discomfort, I'd just keep an eye on it. One of my girls twisted her nail like that and it just stayed that way for the rest of her life.

So as long as it's not causing him trouble walking, and it's not an open sore, I would say no vet visit needed. But keep us updated so we can see how hes progressing. :)

-Brandon

-Brandon

Charizard16

Original Poster
We have a cave for him to bask on, some plants he’s had his entire life and then his bowls and a log he climbs on. The only thing I can think of is the last big feed I did for him may have had him running around and maybe catching on the cave face. I don’t know if you can tell but the thumb is swollen and shedding, no open wound though. Should I try to cut back the nail to help with the “healing process”?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom