Stepped on Bearded Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. So yesterday, I had my beardie out running around in my room. He was hiding in my soft rug and my mom came in and didn't see him and stepped on him.. It was my fault for not thinking to tell her but anyways, she had shoes on but they had a pretty soft sole and she didn't put full pressure on him since I screamed once it happened. :? He took off running after and honestly just seemed pissed off. He had a black bearded and was puffed up whenever I held him and when I put him back in his tank he didn't really move and his mouth was open a bit. He heaved (I think) once and that was about it. We took him to the vet a few hours after the incident. Vet said no broken bones, but she saw some discoloration in the abdomen area and there might be some blood that will just pass. She didn't seem to worried and told me just to let him rest for a few days. Once I took him home (It was about 5 pm at the time) He went to sleep. Today, he's acting his normal self..except for the fact he hasn't eaten OR has gone to the bathroom. I'm worried that there is something wrong with him. I'm not sure if he's just still freaked out or he's actually sick. I gave him a bath so he can get some water to make sure he doesn't get dehydrated..but I don't know. He is acting a bit skittish as well around me. I tried hand feeding him some greens and he licked it a few times and seemed interested but still turned it down. Please help!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is too bad, accidents happen. It was good you got him into the vets so quickly & that
the x-rays showed no broken bones at that time. What likely happened was just some
bruising which should heal up.
Since he hasn't passed any blood that is a good sign indeed. How is his beard, normal in
color & not black?

Hopefully he will eat today for you. Let us know how he is doing. Just watch for any odd
or sudden behavioral changes, lethargic behavior, etc but it sounds like right now, he is
going to be fine.

Tracie

dannybeardeddragon1

Original Poster
Tracie- His beard is back to normal. Like I said, he's acting his normal self. Full of energy too and running around his tank. The only thing is the lack of an appetite, which I hope he will eat later today or tomorrow.

dannybeardeddragon1

Original Poster
Update: I didn’t see him eat but some of his greens from his bowl are gone.. so hopefully he did eat. Its 5:30 and hes back in his cave ready to sleep. Hopefully hes okay, I just worry about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom