Beardie poop

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie just pooped a super runny poop and I’m worried! It is the worst I’ve ever seen. It smells a little and the urate was half white and yellow! Is everything okay? Also can someone explain how to upload a photo again?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Might be due to GIT parasite infection.

Might also simply be dietary ( what have you been feeding to him ? )
A very wet runny poo indicates to me likely a diet issue and hyperhydration of hatchling (too much water in the diet or too much water drunk by the hatchling).
hyperhydration occurs when the animal takes in more water than it excretes and can easily result in its normal serum sodium and potassium levels being excessively diluted , and these are leached out in the kidneys and then excreted.

Might be temperature related ( what are the tank temperatures (cool zone, warm zone, basking spot, and what are you using to measure them ? )

Might also be a temporary tummy upset.

Not generally an issue of concern unless it continues for a few days or other symptoms indicating a health issue become apparent.

I usually just upload to somewhere like Tinypic or PostImage and copy the url code for the image into a post inside
tags.

Morganfoxxk

Original Poster
His temperature is 98-100 on the hot side with a humidity of 40 on the cold side it’s 80 with a humidity of 60 (I can’t get it to lower) he normally only eats superworms. I tried crickets and tried and tried but he doesn’t want them. I put greens in his tank sometimes he eats them sometimes he doesn’t. He doesn’t drink water Ever so I mist him a lot. Is it okay for him to just eat superworms? Or does he need crickets?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Morganfoxxk":24yzcdkl said:
His temperature is 98-100 on the hot side with a humidity of 40 on the cold side it’s 80 with a humidity of 60 (I can’t get it to lower) he normally only eats superworms. I tried crickets and tried and tried but he doesn’t want them. I put greens in his tank sometimes he eats them sometimes he doesn’t. He doesn’t drink water Ever so I mist him a lot. Is it okay for him to just eat superworms? Or does he need crickets?

I'd cut back the superworms , they are fine for bribes and treats , but not suitable to use as a staple.
If he's not keen on crickets , roaches or locusts are good alternatives to there.

if he's into wormy feeders , try silkworms , they are much more nutritious than superworms and can be used as a staple feeder.
Most bearded dragons love silkworms and hoover them down with gusto ,some don't even bother to chew them.

Humidities are fine.

Temperatures sound OK , I take the basking spot is about 100F.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom