Possible tail rot - big time stress

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Possible tail rot - big time stress

Postby saratxgibson » Wed May 15, 2019 5:21 pm

Hey guys! I really need your help. I thought my beardie was about to shed her tail but then noticed that it wasn't going all the way up her tail today. It's just the end half of her tail. It's pretty dark. She also has some stress indicators - dark spots on some of her back and black under her neck. today I put her in a bath in her tank and left her there. She usually jumps out within 10 or 15 minutes and I come back and take the water out. Today I came back in an hour and she was still there almost laying in it. She's not been eating very much, but I thought she was just coming out of brumation. Please help me! ( I'll take a picture and send it to someone if you can tell me how to do that. I don't know how to load it here.)[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
Last edited by saratxgibson on Wed May 15, 2019 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
saratxgibson
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Possible tail rot - big time stress

Postby AHBD » Wed May 15, 2019 5:22 pm

Hi there, this is very common by the description is not tail rot. Here's how to post pics :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby saratxgibson » Wed May 15, 2019 5:43 pm

Thank you. I uploaded some pics as an Edit to my post.
saratxgibson
Newbie Poster

Postby AHBD » Wed May 15, 2019 6:10 pm

The tail will get very dark for a few reasons, this is from stress. Was she digging around the tank recently ? Just wondering if she may have eggs to lay. BTW, best not to leave a dragon unattended with a water bowl. They can sometimes aspirate + even drown if they are not well.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby saratxgibson » Wed May 15, 2019 7:51 pm

Thank you. I feel foolish about leaving her unattended. In a previous life that never would have happened - I have a brand new baby that called me away. She sometimes flips carpet up and goes underneath. She seems to be losing weight and iant interested in her food. this in line with being gravid?
saratxgibson
Newbie Poster

Postby AHBD » Wed May 15, 2019 7:59 pm

We all make mistakes, at least nothing happened . But yes, her going under the carpet may mean she's looking for a place to lay eggs. Fix her a lay box, large or small. A small one like this can fit right in the tank, it's one that I used for some of my females in the past. It's about 22" L by 8" H by 12-13 " W. Filled about 4/5 with damp sand or you can use sand/soil mix. I cut a corner out of the lid + laid a log next to it for access.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploa ... _large.jpg
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER