My bearded dragon ate tin foil! HELP!!!

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

My bearded dragon ate tin foil! HELP!!!

Postby Wizzlethedragon » Wed May 15, 2019 4:05 pm

My bearded dragon is about a year old and he ate some tin foil while I wasn’t looking.

I had him on my dining room table and there was a small piece of tin foil and he just ate it. I am panicking now because he hasn’t pooped in like 3 days and I’m worried he’s impacted!

Is there any way I could get him to pass it? I have tried to give him a warm bath and that still didn’t work.
Wizzlethedragon
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: My bearded dragon ate tin foil! HELP!!!

Postby AHBD » Wed May 15, 2019 5:21 pm

Hi there, just feed + hydrate him as usual and it should pass through with no problem. How big was it ? Dime size, etc ?
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby Wizzlethedragon » Thu May 16, 2019 7:50 pm

Yeah, the piece of tin foil was about the size of a dime. I was doing some research and it said that I could try giving him some olive oil, does that actually work?
Wizzlethedragon
Newbie Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Fri May 17, 2019 8:15 am

a little bit can help them pass things through their digestive system and it's often recommended for constipation. I would also offer plenty of water as AHBD suggested which will also aid with digestion.
CooperDragon

Postby Wizzlethedragon » Sat May 18, 2019 3:48 pm

I gave him some olive oil and a warm bath and she pooped it out about an hour later. Thank you to everyone who replied and tried to help!
Wizzlethedragon
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER