Bearded dragon sick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alli63

101009-6013044189.jpg
Hi all! I need some advice..my dragon will be going to the vet too. For a couple months now, he has gotten lethargic and doesn’t eat much. The most concerning thing is that the end of his tail is slightly wiggly, which I know is a sign of MBD! His temps are at 105 and 85. He has a Reptisun 10.0, recently changed. Superworms are a staple, along with wax worms and roaches occasionally. He gets calcium sprinkled greens and veggies daily, which he eats sometimes. He is hiding frequently and only eats a few worms a week, and doesn’t poop often at all. What could be wrong???

On another note, I was syringe feeding him yesterday and he bit the plastic tip off and ate it! I gave him some vegetable oil to get things moving and hope it passes soon with no problems...is there anything else I should do?

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
If he's over 1 y.o., it could be brumation, but superworms as a staple could be contributing to the appetite/pooping issue. They are hard to digest compared to bugs like dubias, and if there's a UV or temp issue in addition, that could make for a very sluggish digestion. More experienced posters can weigh in, but a few pictures of your dragon and setup would help. You can upload them using the User Image Uploader link at the top of the forum and then embed them in your post using the XIMG button.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes pictures would help!!!!!!! The UVB is it a coil or tube?
Karrie

alli63

Original Poster
Aaradimian":22avhqft said:
If he's over 1 y.o., it could be brumation, but superworms as a staple could be contributing to the appetite/pooping issue. They are hard to digest compared to bugs like dubias, and if there's a UV or temp issue in addition, that could make for a very sluggish digestion. More experienced posters can weigh in, but a few pictures of your dragon and setup would help. You can upload them using the User Image Uploader link at the top of the forum and then embed them in your post using the XIMG button.

He is almost a year old. I will change my staple right away. I just posted a picture

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What was in there for a UVB bulb before you recently changed it out? I recommend getting him some dubia roaches -- they are a way better staple for him/ her--- they tend not give parasites -- they are more filling - they dont stink and dont chirp- they are easier to keep than crickets -- they last longer - you can keep them in a 10 gallon aquarium or tote feed them carrots apples squash - they love squash-- how has been acting since you changed the bulb out?
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Your tank is set up very nicely although it's best for the uvb to shine from above so it doesn't irritate his eyes from the side. What are the temps. in his tank ? Now that warm weather is here he may not like the hot area with the 2 heat lamps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom