Weird white spot on tail

Status
Not open for further replies.
103482-9759408030.jpg
Hi, I have a bearded dragon named Smaug and she has an odd white spot on her tail, it’s been there for a few weeks and it almost looks like it’s cutting off circulation. I’ve tried scrubbing it off and it does seem to fade when wet but always comes back, is it just a stubborn shed or it something I need to be concerned about?
103482-9759408030.jpg

Foxxy76

It almost looks like it is putting pressure on her tail by the look in the second picture. Like the scales are getting too tight. Maybe a really stubborn shed. Might want to try giving her a lukewarm (not too hot) bath and scrub it gently with a toothbrush to see if it helps.

DrogonXSmaug

Original Poster
I’ve been soaking and scrubbing for a while now, but it still doesn’t seem to be changing. I’ll keep up with it for now though, maybe more often and see if that makes a difference, thank y’all!

DrogonXSmaug

Original Poster
103482-6542315562.jpg
!Update! The shed finally came off today and was spread around her cage, probably running around helped, her tail looks a whole lot better though and she hasn’t had on/off stress marks so far, or any for that matter. She just has to finish the bottom of her tail and she’ll be nice and clean!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom