Early stage scale rot??? & possible splinter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sierrap

I am beginning to get very worried about my boy Zeus. He has had this single black scale on his tail for quite sometime and hasn’t progressed into anything more. And he’s also had this black spot on his thumb for a while too, both of which I have tried to remove after he has soaked in warm water for 15 minutes or so and I can’t seem to get them off/out. Does this look like early stage scale rot (talking about the spot on his tail) and for his thumb, should I try to remove the skin on top to get whatever is in there out? I tried to get it out several times but he doesn’t like his feet touched and I’m afraid I’m hurting him. Please help!!! Do I need to be worried??
101074-8738982207.jpg
101074-9635167708.jpg
101074-5482703852.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Those look similar to what my dragon has. Since they've been there for a long time I wouldn't worry about them. I've monitored the ones I've seen and they stay the same. I consider it to be part of natural coloring and similar to a freckle for us rather than something harmful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom