HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChloeVidales

Please help!

My bearded dragon Chimmy, he is dragging his belly a lot and his back legs too. He is still can move his back legs but not a lot. He is still pooping normal.He is shedding right now. It started two days ago.I think he is about 11 months old. I got him at Petco since Last week of November. I replace his UVB bulb yesterday. He eats about 25 crickets a day and about 10 to 15 mealworms a day. I gut load all of his crickets. I dust the crickets once a week. I give him fresh vegetables everyday. The tank temperature 95F. The basking spot is about 100F.
(This is same layout I’m doing still)

I did research it could be calcium overdose, mild MBD, or Impaction.

[][/]
101417-2389676571.jpg
[/XIMG][/
101417-7132683741.jpg
]

ChloeVidales

Original Poster
Thank you for replying. I went to Petco and told the staff about my bearded dragon of what’s wrong with him. They told me to get 10.0 UVB Repti-Sun 15 watts. I bought it. I had the same brand before but 10 watts.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
First I would get rid of the sand in the tank-- you can get some non adhesive shelf liner from Home Depot Lowes or slated ceramic tile from the same place both are cheap - however unless she is in the permanent tank you plan to keep her I would hold off on the tile as it has to be cut to tank size and w/ a tile cutter - the shelf liner you can cut w/ scissors making it easier and both are easy to clean w/ vinegar and water--plus the incsects cant get underneath--- the UVB is my guess for the behavior of her - you need to put the UVB in side the tank and I am guessing its the T 8 so it should be 8-10 inches from basking area--- you need to start dusting her crickets 5 x per week and vitamins 2 per week -- it is not calcium over dose but my guess is lack of --
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Also if it's warm there 15 min outside in the sun would do her good as well-- 15 minutes of sun is = to 4 hrs of UVB
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom