Bearded dragon ate half of a holly leaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently a holly leaf from outside was brought into the house and I caught my bearded dragon eating the leaf. He only half should I be concerned ??

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
I know holly is toxic to some animals, so to be on the safe side, please monitor closely and give your beardie activated charcoal and water to try to flush it out of his system faster. If he starts throwing up or acting sick, I'd get him to the vet.

I saw this quote from our vet moderator Drachie613 (Tracie) for an ingested millipede situation.

"You could make a detox greens slurry out of parsley, cilantro, mint, basil & oregano or
some activated charcoal just to clean out his system, if needed."

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing today?

Oh, thanks for the quote, Aaradimian. :D Yes, either way detoxing might be a good idea, just
in case it might bother him a little bit.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom