Page 1 of 1

Question about Chocolate (no I’m not feeding them it)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:13 pm
by Banarang
Hello, does anyone here have experience with beardies eating chocolate?
What happened? Any symptoms? Did they die? How much chocolate killed them ( PS: if your beardie died from chocolate I’m sorry for your loss)?

I’m asking because I want to learn more about this (google isn’t helping me, just saying what to do if your dog swallows it xD)

I’m making sure if she does I know the symptoms, and how to treat it. Thank you

Re: Question about Chocolate (no I’m not feeding them it)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:33 pm
by kingofnobbys
Not adviseable.

Not sure what metabolic effect it will have. I'd be contacting a reptile vet and asking.

Re: Question about Chocolate (no I’m not feeding them it)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:50 am
by Banarang
I think you assume I’m feeding it to her, I’m not I just wanna know the symptoms and other stuff like that so if she does happen to eat any I can treat it

Re: Question about Chocolate (no I’m not feeding them it)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:54 am
by CooperDragon
I don't think it's toxic to them (like it is to dogs) so you may not see immediate effects. The high sugar content would be a concern in the long term but I don't know that you'd see immediate symptoms compared to something toxic. Either way it's good to keep an activated charcoal kit on hand so you can administer it quickly if you think they have ingested something harmful. http://www.bug-de-lite.com/ccp8/Item/Emergency_Charcoal_Kit

Re: Question about Chocolate (no I’m not feeding them it)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:45 am
by Banarang
Thank you!