Odd mark on my beardies lip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this else where to.. But figured id try here as well..

I have a 4 month old juvenile bearded dragon. Im a new owner. I have had her for a little over a week.
She has proper set up with everything i have read.
Her encloser is a 50 gallon tank.
UVB is a reptisun 10 thats about 8 inches up from lowest point.
Her basking light is a 100 watt mercury vapor bulb that's 12 inches above ger basking spot.
Basking heat is 100 to 110 depending where she basks on her rock.
Cool side is 80 to 90 degrees.
She basks a normal beardie would seem to.
Offered a mixed variety of greens daily as a salad.
She eats well.
10 to 15 - 1/2 inch crickets. Gut loaded with greens/veggies/fruits.
Eats 2 to 3 times a day.
Gets her calcium with D3 every other day. Don't know if it should be daily.
She's quite the active girl. Unless basking.
Loves being held and likes to explore.
She's bathed about every other day or two.
Since she doesn't really like drinking from her dish.
Which from my reading on here seems normal.
I'd attach a picture of her lip. But i dont know how via a cell phone.
104182-5796086448.jpg
104182-5128956060.jpg

Banarang

Hello,

Is it swollen? How big?
Wash her tail and see if it’s just powder ( I don’t know what it is, just trying to narrow it down)

Is it tail rot? My baby lost a bit of her tail to tail rot.

Is it shed? If it’s pale, flakey, and dry it’s probably shed. If it’s stuck mist her. It appears to be shed.
If you don’t have a mister giver her a warm bath for 15-30 minutes

csinger794

Original Poster
Nah nothing seems swollen ger tail is pretty symmetrical all the way down. I tried soaking here and wahing it off yesterday. Nothing. I mean i accidentally put pressure on her tail and her tail winced a little.
Don't think it's tail rot.. Cause that is the only spot like that at current and the tip of her tail isnt black.
I mean some of the coloring of her scales is a dark color going down her tail like on the edge of protruding scale on the brown areas of her tail.. But not like that spot.
And i have had her for a little over a week. So im still pretty new. But other than that she eats well and is really active. Well minus when she's actually deciding to bask and then wants out and to get attention. Lol. She likes attention. And she seems pretty healthy to me.

Banarang

I don’t think it’s something to worry about. I said the shed thing because my bearded dragon goes through sheds 2-1 a year. She has a hard time shedding.

The bump on the lip is probably ok. If it grows,swells, oozes or anything unordinary then I’d consider the vet. I hope she/he’s ok.

- banarang

csinger794

Original Poster
I mean the shedding may make sense she is 4 months old. Amd her back feet seem some what dried out sometimes. Amd her tail from the base. Dont quite match the tone as the rest of her.. Its hard to explain. Seems not as.. Stand out color wise. And there seems to be a line that isnt even around her tail that seems semi dry or something like that?? Like i said hard to explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom