Glass Surfing- Not Sure Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrMako

My 3yo male beardie has been glass surfing a lot and I can't quite figure out why. I thought it was because I removed a hammock from his tank (I was worried about it falling) but I put the hammock back and he still won't stop. He came out of brumation just over a week ago. He's been eating okay, but his bathroom schedule is still kind of off and all of his feces have been runny and oddly-colored. His back legs don't look swollen, so I don't think it's an impaction? His temperatures are 98-100 on the warm side and 79-82 on the cool side. He also looks like he might be starting a shed, but only a few scales in various places have started to flake off. I gave him a bath this morning after he pooped in the tank. Besides the glass surfing, he appears to be a pretty healthy little dude. Anyone have ideas of what might be going on?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

They glass surf for all sorts of reasons, really.
How are you measuring the temperatures, what type of thermometer do you use?
At his age, he is most likely hormonal & wanting to look for a female so he will want out
of his tank a lot. Some of them surf so they can get out to go potty.
Also, if your temperatures are too hot, then they will surf to get out quite often.
What type/brand of UVB light are you using for him?

Tracie

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
My 4 year old male just woke up from brumating a few weeks ago. He’s been a little crazy too, glass surfing until I let him out, then runs around fast, then to the back sliding door where he glass surfs there. I think it’s hormonal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom