Baby beardie cant open his mouth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! This baby was lasting a week over time from the other babies i had in their egg, and his mouth is not properly depevloped i think, his mouth doesnt reach back to his ears as the others mouths do. And when I tried opening his mouth it didn’t work, only a tiny hole at the tip at the size of a needle. I’ve looked around to see if there’s possible to euthanize him or something like that with gas, because we don’t have the money to go to the vet at this point! Any ideas as to what I’m supposed to do?
102936-6043301155.jpg
And this is making him very skinny, he can only drink a little water from the tip of his mouth
102936-7771140616.jpg
102936-8233271469.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Holy cow! What a poor thing! I have no idea except to syringe feed him -- your gonna haft to get w/ AHBD or TracieDrache613 on this one--- I hope one of them responds here soon-----
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, how long ago did he hatch ? It looks like he could open it to a degree but is not doing well really. Just offer liquid nutrition like Repta boost and Oxbow Critical Care. You can also make insect smoothies if you could dedicate a blender for that use. Just see what happens but if he's suffering you can still have him put to sleep. Poor little guy.

BeardieBaby101

Original Poster
I understand that, but here where I live I can’t buy any of those things, except making a liquid smoothie but that means I gotta buy a whole new blender, we cant afford that right now as our money isn’t coming in as usual, probably won’t get money until June, but is is humane to put him in a gas chamber with like ms222 and put him to sleep that way? Freezing is not an option for me

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes the MS222 would work, definitely never freeze an animal. Sorry that you have to make this choice. :(

BeardieBaby101

Original Poster
Do you have any idea how I should use it? How long I should let is be in the chamber etc? I hate making this choice too..poor babies

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
No but I would imagine it would be just until you definitely see no signs of breathing for at least a few minutes.

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Poor thing! I wonder if you could call up a vet or a shelter & just lay it out for them. I can't imagine there isn't at least one place near you that would be willing to provide a mercy euthanasia given the circumstances. This poor baby never had a chance, but at least deserves an end free of suffering. My heart goes out to you both!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have a VERY hard time w / threads like this--- some of the other ones that people are dealing w/ the ones that are sick are hard enough for me---
Karrie

Omg i'm crying, smash the head to quickly euthanize. it works but it is hard for a owner to do.
don't put in freezer though because its a slow painful death.

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
I don't know of any non-violent means for DIY euthanasia that wouldn't also expose you to risk, so I'd really try to find someone who could do it properly and for free as I mentioned earlier. This is heart wrenching, but I think it was someone else on this forum who had to put down their beloved beardie who said that someone told them "you are not ending [their] life, you are ending their death". Maybe looking at it that way will make it a little easier to do what has to be done to end this little guy's suffering. I hope for your sake that it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom