Baby beardie cant open his mouth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

People please, this is a family forum! It really is graphic talking about this. If you don't have
the money to take him to the vet, or get the gas, I would let nature take its course. If it isn't
really suffering, at least it will know love if only for a short period before it passes.
It's unfortunate when things like these happen, but it isn't his fault. So there is no chance he/she
could make it?

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Goodness, what happened to the clutch, did they just not hatch out properly at all?
So you have multiple ones that are not going to make it?
That is just a hard call, in general. Nature will unfortunately & most likely take over & they
just wont make it. You can keep them comfortable & try to offer comfort, as much as possible.
Other than the other suggestions, that is all you can do. I am sorry they are going through that.
How bad is the tail rot? That can be remedied, if caught early enough.

Tracie

BeardieBaby101

Original Poster
The tail rot is really bad..I’ve tried multiple methods but they don’t eat either. We’re gonna try and find some ms222 and end their suffering..I sit with all four of them for an hour every day and try to make them eat and cuddle with them. I don’t know why this happens, only four out of 10 seem to be surviving

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
This is very sad for you and for the babies. Can you post pics of the ones with tail rot and some close ups of the tail ? Most likely they bit each other as babies do, esp. if they're hungry.

BeardieBaby101

Original Poster
Yeah they have been, because their toes have turned black too. I planned on keeping some on one side and some on the other side, I had a clutch before this and I had planned on selling everyone and they paid for each and every one of the last babies, but one turned down so i don’t know what to do with the one that’s left, and that’s why I haven’t split the clutch up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom