Help My Beardie's Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today i noticed something in ginger's eye not sure what it is. I tried to wipe it off gently with cutip but it didn't work so with my finger i gently pulled it, it seemed to be stuck on the inside of the eye lid. what do i do?!
103825-3955353829.jpg
103825-4012913983.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
To me it looks like shed -- but I could be wrong-- you might try using a soft tooth brush and get her to close her eye and use that gently to see if it will come off -- I would maybe get it wet w/ some water water
Others on here might be able to see what it is better than I but thats what it looks like to me
Karrie

Yeah I'd agree with KarrieRee about it being shed. I've noticed that shed around the eyes, nose, and ears can be a bit stubborn sometimes. Give Ginger a nice soak and get that area wet every so often over the next few days. I don't recommend pulling at it or anything because you can potentially damage the scales underneath, not to mention hurt her in a sensitive area. If it's not resolved in a few days then maybe gently rubbing it with a wet Q-tip or soft toothbrush will help loosen it up a bit.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It is a bit hard to tell on the picture but it does look like some dried shed. Have you tried giving
a nice bath & using a wet swab to try & see if you can gently rub that off?
If it appears to be irritated you can get some sterile saline solution to put in her eye, daily to see
if that helps also.
Does it seem to be bothering her?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom