Juvenile Beardie threw up, not eating now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorgenheim

Hi all, my fiancee and I recently got a juvenile Beardie (around 6 months of age) a couple weeks ago. He seemed very healthy, and was eating greens and crickets normally. He also would poop almost daily so all seemed good. Then, about two days ago, I fed him some slightly larger than normal crickets (they were about the distance between his eyes) and the day after I noticed he had a much lighter colorization than normal. About 4 hours later I noticed about 3 half digested crickets in his enclosure, which I can only assume he threw up. After he threw up though, his colorization returned to the normal, darker tone and he started acting like nothing happened. This morning I checked on him and everything appears to be fine. He's pooping, drank water, moving around fine, etc. but he hasn't ate anything since I fed him 2 days ago (I did get smaller crickets again as well). Should I be concerned, or am I just dealing with a Beardie who was fed too much? I don't think it's impaction because his bowel movements seem normal and aren't runny or anything.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sounds like he ate to much -- just keep offering him the food -- I would try some dubia roaches if you can get them --- they are soo much better for them than the crickets and they dont stink and are easier to keep --- they should be dusted like the crickets w/ the D3 calcium and vitamins as well -- roaches can be kept in a 10 gallon aquarium and fed carrots apples squash they love squash
Karrie

Jorgenheim

Original Poster
KarrieRee":rcgkvyac said:
Sounds like he ate to much -- just keep offering him the food -- I would try some dubia roaches if you can get them --- they are soo much better for them than the crickets and they dont stink and are easier to keep --- they should be dusted like the crickets w/ the D3 calcium and vitamins as well -- roaches can be kept in a 10 gallon aquarium and fed carrots apples squash they love squash
Karrie
Hi, just wanted to give an update. He is back to normal now and eating just fine :D . Also I gave him some dubia roaches and he absolutely loves them, what's even better is it coaxes him into eating some greens. Thank you for your help.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is terrific your dragon is doing SO much better now! :D
At least he is eating his greens along with his dubias, too. I hope that he continues to
improve for you now.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom