Small bump/growth on Hoppy’s face

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradaa7

Hello All,
Hoppy is 6-7 months old. Noticed this small bump/growth right below his mouth about a week ago. It feels hard to the touch, and def appears to be outside the skin (not under).It does not appear to be adversely affecting him, but I’m just wondering if more experienced owners out there might know what it is? He is eating normally (mainly crickets / occasional meal worms, good eater of veggies and occasional approved fruits), pooping normally (every day-2, although today was a bit runny) and his normal active self.

My concern is that it may be a parasite or infection? Do I need to see the vet ASAP or should I give it some time to see if it resolves on it’s own?

Any thoughts/feedback is greatly appreciated. My 9 year old is very concerned about how much-loved friend!

104059-9718427537.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, can you lift up his head to get a better picture ? This one is too dark to really see the entire beard area. It's prob. nothing serious but I'm sure you want to make sure. :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It looks like a misshapen scale. If it doesn't get bigger and doesn't bother him it's probably fine.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're welcome ! BTW, have you seen if it will wash off, maybe a bit of dried food like bug guts ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It does look like a strange scale. It is possible that it could shed off eventually. I agree, maybe
see if it will come off in a bath, perhaps it is dried food?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom