Vomiting and underweight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, again. So my beardie toothless has been slightly underweight and now he just vomited after eating about a hundred or so BSFL about an eighth of an inch long and now I don’t know what to do.another problem is he’s already under weight at 125 grams at 5 months old. Please if any has any tips to gain weight along with the vomit issue I would be really grateful.

Thanks, toothless37

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's not necessarily underweight. They grow at different rates. It's more important to watch how their weight is trending compared to past measurements. He looks OK based on that photo and it's a good sign that he's shedding. It sounds like he may have overdone it on the BSFL causing him to throw up. I suggest offering them in smaller batches in more frequent meals rather than all at once. If he needs a bigger snack, try some hornworms and see how those go over.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree with Cooper. The time of day makes a difference as well, if he ate late in the day or was handled too long after the big meal. If either of those situations factored in that could be the cause since beardies need several hours under the basking light to be able to digest food properly.

Toothless37

Original Poster
Thanks so much!! He has been eating well for a day or 2 now and has never been losing weight so I just wanted to make sure. Although his fat pads do seem to be diminished and I can see his hip bone so he might need some more protein in his diet? Thanks again for your help though!

Toothless37

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's good to hear ! You can feed him 2 X a day, not TOO much but this helps them grow a bit faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom