8 Month Bearded Dragon Size

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many inches long should a 8 month old bearded dragon be? And are they considered juveniles or babies now? Also, how old do they become juveniles and then adults? Thanks!

lizardgirlforever

Original Poster
Okay, um. I just saw a website and it said a bearded dragon should be about 17 to 16 inches at 6 months. Well, um, my beardies are 8 months old and the biggest of 7 is 10 inches. That is bad, right? They are kept together in a large enclosure. Am I doing something wrong? Remember, the beardies are getting given away. I just need to find good homes for them.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Most likely this is down to
poor UV
temperatures (not right)
diet and feeding schedule

Can you give us very detailed information on the UV source used
> type
> %UVB rating
> wattage
> how it's installed
> distance to basking spot
> above or below the mesh lid if there is a mesh lid
and age of the source

temperatures
> at basking spot
> in warm zone
> in cool zone
> minimum viv temp overnight
> how long the lights are on each day
and how you are measuring these temperature

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Two dragons should never be housed togther-- they are very territorial and will eventually start fighting and one will suffer
Karrie

lizardgirlforever

Original Poster
I will give you that information as soon as I can. Um, they are still in there because I want to find really good homes for them. Homes that will last. So far, I have. Thanks! I'll give the info soon. Thanks!

lizardgirlforever

Original Poster
Okay. I'll go over their diet first.

Veggies:
I give them only certified fruits and vegetables that are good for bearded dragons. These are things such as finely sliced baby carrots and appropriately cut sized apple as a treat. These are offered in a clean food bowl every day, fresh. Old food is thrown out and replaced.

Bugs:
I give them each 2 medium/small super worms every day. Crickets, dusted with reptivite or repti-calcium are provided every other day or so. As a treat, we sometimes get small roaches for them, which we dust in reptivite or repti-calcium.

Water:
Clean, fresh water is provided in two appropriate water bowls placed on either end of the tank. I mist them every day two times: once at 6:00 and once at 9:00. I plan to start misting them in the morning at 7:00 tomorrow. I have not been able to mist them in the morning because of schedule hurrying.

Thanks! Tell me if anything is wrong and I will fix it happily!

lizardgirlforever

Original Poster
Heat Basis:
I will go over their heating very briefly right now and give more info later.

They, of course, have a UV and heat light. They are in those black ceramic heating domes and the heat is on one side with basking rocks and objects, and the UV is on the other, cooler side with a small cave. By the way, they still have plenty of room to run around, if you were wondering. Anyways, the heat lamp is about 10 inches from the topmost heat rock, and they can get even higher by climbing the background foam wall. Yes, there is a mesh lid. Or, as I call it, a screen top. The ceramic domes with the heat and UV lights are on top.

Layout Basis:
Ok. You didn't ask for this one but I might as well add it if something is wrong.

Floor:
A green reptile carpet that we have exchanged once because it was getting too old. This one is pretty new, around Christmas did we get it. There are no scratches or blemishes on it. Only a little bit of food and others which we clean, of course.

Cooler Side:
There is a medium/small cave with enough room for two in the inside and 5 on the top without squishing. The gray water bowl is right next to it, with fresh supply of water in it always. There is also a small popsicle stick cave which is sort of like a free patio. It stands tall with enough room for one on top and one on the bottom. There is a regularly replaced towel on the top, folded once and put in. Then there is the wood looking veggie/pellet bowl which we put veggies/fruit in with a few pellets mixed in too.

Basking Side:
There is a medium green artificial reptile plant. In front of it is the peach colored water bowl which is slightly bigger than the gray one. Some of the beardies love this bowl as it is slightly bigger and more fun to "splash" in. Then, next to it is a gray rock which right now, two beardies are perched on. Okay. Then, behind it is a pretty big cardboard house which I created. Every time it gets too dirty or wet, I replace it with a new house. Two beardies can fit in it with no trouble and the top is the current favorite basking spot, as it is high up and pretty big (it can fit two beardies). The wall is actually the real favorite basking spot but it is the wall, so yeah.

Thanks! If I am doing anything wrong, again, tell me. Remember, the heat and UV was only a brief bit, as I need to do a little more work to tell you the more "into." Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom