8 Month Bearded Dragon Biting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. So, my adult bearded dragons Lizzie and Jax mated last spring and well, had eggs. We incubated them properly and 13 of them hatched, to my delight. It has been about 8 months and 6 of them have been given away. However, 7 of them remain. They are all in a large and tall inclosure (glass with screen top) and are given proper food and water, yes. There are two reasonably sized water bowls on the both sides, there is a small bowl of veggies or pellets, and they are given 1 medium superworm each almost every day. So, you would assume they would be well, right? No. They bite and nip each other. I know that this is normal behavior. I'm not a rookie with lizards. However, do you have any suggestions to help with how to help prevent it and treat it? Thanks.

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
It is indeed normal behavior, and will most likely end up with one of them killing the other if they are not separated. Please do so, even if it's just a temporary piece of cardboard taped up so each dragon gets half the viv. until a more permanent solution can be found. I know it's an expense to double your setup, but it's nothing compared to vet bills.

lizardgirlforever

Original Poster
Thanks for all your feedback. However, I already know that you should separate bearded dragon babies. However, put simply, I cannot. I would, if I could. But simply put, I'm just a kid trying to keep up with her little babies. My parents are reluctant. We have neither the space nor the money to buy several large tanks, just to have the the juveniles given away soon. I'm sorry. Soon, they will be separate, as we will only be keeping 2. Thanks for all your help anyways. Do any of you have any remedies other than honey? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom