Help baby beard isn't eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

ojeremy11

I recently got a baby bearded dragon finally after wanting one forever and the pet store didn't tell me how old she was but she is small I've had her for a little over a week now and she isn't really eating I'm lucky if I get her to eat one cricket in the morning and one later in the day

I currently have her in a 20-25 gallon tank for now
I have her heat lamp in her basking side temp is around 90-105
and on her cool side temp is always between 75-85
I use A reptisun 10.0 t8 18' hood
feed her baby crickets in calcium
veggies

also this morning before headed to work I noticed she was a bit darker in color than when I first got her.

am I doing something wrong ? someone help I feel like I've done my research but any tips can help me I appreciate it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The dark colors in morning are usually her trying to absorb heat--- what kind of UVB did you get? And its probably relocation stress --- but we need to know what kind of UVB if its what I am thinking it is this will cause issues later on down the road
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You mentioned you have the reptisun t5 so that's great.

It's always a bad sign to me when someone gives such a wide range for their temperature. 90-105 is a huge margin.
Can you tell us what you're using to measure your temps? The dial thermometers?

-Brandon

ojeremy11

Original Poster
claudiusx":2ezkzt30 said:
You mentioned you have the reptisun t5 so that's great.

It's always a bad sign to me when someone gives such a wide range for their temperature. 90-105 is a huge margin.
Can you tell us what you're using to measure your temps? The dial thermometers?

-Brandon

there is a dial in there but I just put it in because it came with the stuff but I also use a digital one

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ok great. So what is the temperature in the hottest part of the basking surface? 105? I assume you have such a range because you're measuring in multiple places on the basking surface right?

-Brandon

ojeremy11

Original Poster
claudiusx":1gllqwnx said:
Ok great. So what is the temperature in the hottest part of the basking surface? 105? I assume you have such a range because you're measuring in multiple places on the basking surface right?

-Brandon

yes its a big rock
so from the highest point she can go currently right now its 104 and the lowest from the same basking spot furthest from the light its 100

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ok good :)

Tombo took about a week and a half to start eating. And he wasnt really eating full force until 2 weeks. It takes time sometimes. if your reptisun is mounted on top of your screen you could look into mounting it inside the tank so the screen isnt filtering out some of the uvb.

-Brandon

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Do you know how old it is ?

Have you weighed it since bringing it home ? (place in a small tub that has a clip on lid ,and weigh on the kitchen scales).

What foods are you offering to it ?

When are you trying to feed it ?

Have you tried hand feeding it ?

ojeremy11

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":2b0o2b1e said:
Do you know how old it is ?

Have you weighed it since bringing it home ? (place in a small tub that has a clip on lid ,and weigh on the kitchen scales).

What foods are you offering to it ?

When are you trying to feed it ?

Have you tried hand feeding it ?

I don't know how old she is the pet store didn't have a clue either

baby crickets in calcium she eats 1-2 if I'm lucky I feed her 2 hours after the lights come on and in the middle of the. day offer veggies and around 6pm I try offering her some more crickets

I have tried hand feeding her and it works half the time but usually doesn't she just stares

she is pretty active which is a good sign right ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Where do you have the T 8 sitting ? Is it in the tank or on top of the screen?
Karrie

ojeremy11

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1yzagkpf said:
Where do you have the T 8 sitting ? Is it in the tank or on top of the screen?
Karrie

Its on top of the screen
she has this wooden stick across she likes to climb on so she's usually close to both lights

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The T 8 is not strong enough for the rays to get to her-- you need to take the T 8 and place it inside the tank approx 8-10 inches from where she sits-- and please make sure the cover is off the bulb-- you want just the bulb showing
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom