Toe injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darcey831

Hi,

I have a 5 year old beardie who has always been healthy and happy (although a little picky about food!). We've been away for a few days with a friend popping in to feed him, on returning we've found one of his toes seems to have picked up an injury. We hope to get a vets appointment when they open tomorrow, but wondered if anyone had any advice in the meantime?

103982-4233976267.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Poor guy. That looks like it was twisted or crushed by something. They can usually do OK with toe injuries as long as they don't get infected. It's important to keep it clean until it can be seen by a vet. He may lose that toe, but as long as the wound doesn't get infected it shouldn't slow him down much in the long term. Keep it clean, add some plain neosporin to protect from infection, and have a vet check it out when you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom