bearded dragon respiratory disease!???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melc2365

my beardie is 5 months old, today when i gpt home from work he was in his hide with his head out ( he does this sometimes) he was breathing with his head kind of moving dofferently as if he was struggling

he is such w fussy eater and will sometimes eat and sometimes not want to at all! I need some advice on what to do:((

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello - can you please post pics of his tank so we can see what kind of lighting you got-- it plays a huge role in their behavior- thanks
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Do you see anything coming out of his nose or mouth-- ? Your tank is it on the floor? And we cant see the lighting on the tank--- what kind of lighting and is it all on top of the tank?
Karrie

Melc2365

Original Poster
hey,

the tank is on the floor yes, is this bad?

we have a basking light just above where he is sitting and uvb 10.0 and a uv (may be ubv)2.0 im sure this is. the lighting covers the full top of tank

there is nothing coming out of his nose or anything mostly just worried about his appetite etc

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok I would get the tank off the floor-- floors have drafts-- and lots of dust-- especially if you have cats/ dogs etc.. the lighting can you explain what 10.0 you have and as long as your basking temps are 90-105 for adult babies a little warmer -- your good-- the lighting plays a huge role in their eating and overall health-- what exactly is he eating and how much?
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Please do review the type/brand of UVB lighting, supplementation, etc with us so that we can
be sure it is all correct. The UVB is a 10, so is it a long tube bulb or a compact/coil light?
Are his temperatures optimal for him, do you use a digital probe or temp gun on him?
What insects do you feed him? Be sure the insects especially crickets & roaches are smaller
than the space between his eyes to avoid impaction.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiamYe
Top Bottom