Young Beardie Not Using Front Arm, Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello,

So little background my (3-4) month old beardie that I have had about a month now. Sits in a Large exo-terra 40 Gallon. Lighting - Repti sun UVB 10.0 Tube. and a 100 watt basking bulb. Basking temps 98 - 105 and other side is around the 80's. He's been eating okay not scarfing things down but he is still eating.

That was... Before this morning. We woke up and his lights came on and he did not run to his spot sooo i obviously was curious and went to put him there and he didnt try to run from me but he's obviously not using his front right leg its just kinda hanging.

His crickets are dusted with calcium and D3 and i've been dusting them with some vitamin powder sometimes too and like a week ago he was shedding a little so i got the reptiboost because he was uncomfortable and not eating right so i wanted to make sure he got his nutrients. I even tried giving him wax worms and Phoenix worms so i have those still.

In his tank i did have one of those green hammocks and i read on another post that they can hurt their arm from those so i took it down after i read that. I just want to kind of narrow it down to a sprain or something and not feeding or lighting issues. If anyone has experienced this did it heal up without a vet visit? I will take him if i need to but I would like to see if anyone knows that is probably what it is and what the vet would do about it?

DextertheBearded

Original Poster
His leg doesnt look swollen though and he doesnt seem very bothered when i touch his leg but he doesnt give back any pressure.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He's a beautiful little leatherback, sorry that he's hurt his arm. You may be correct about the hammock, they can hook their claws + then injure the leg when pulling free from it. Can you post a pic of his entire tank, showing the placement of the uvb bulb as well ? Just in case that needs to be closer. I don't think he'll need a vet visit, if it's a sprain it will heal on it's own. It would be good to keep things lower in his tank so he has less chance of making the injury worse by jumping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom