Is my beardie impacted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
102592-3406919912.jpg
102592-1935357298.jpg
I can’t tell if my bearded dragon is impacted or if I am overfeeding her, she prefers greens so I always give her a giant handful of them. I let her free range on crickets every other day. She does have sand in her tank, but I have never seen her lick it. I was wondering what might be going on. She refused crickets today which is something I have not seen her do.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please remove the sand and get some non adhesive shelf liner or slate ceramic tile from Home Depot Lowes etc................ the tile would need to be cut to tank size so if you plan upgrading to a bigger tank I would wait on that -- the shelf liner would be a good deal now--- they are both cheap and easy to clean w/ vinegar / water in a spray bottle mixed w/ a little heavier on the vinegar side-- sand causes impaction and harbors bacteria etc................ you will like the shelf liner -- bugs cant get under neath etc...........as far as him/ her not eating its hard to say --- how old is she/ he? Why do you think she/ he is impacted? Has it been a long time since she/ he went to that bathroom?
Karrie

Piccassofantasy

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3hdvwrt0 said:
Please remove the sand and get some non adhesive shelf liner or slate ceramic tile from Home Depot Lowes etc................ the tile would need to be cut to tank size so if you plan upgrading to a bigger tank I would wait on that -- the shelf liner would be a good deal now--- they are both cheap and easy to clean w/ vinegar / water in a spray bottle mixed w/ a little heavier on the vinegar side-- sand causes impaction and harbors bacteria etc................ you will like the shelf liner -- bugs cant get under neath etc...........as far as him/ her not eating its hard to say --- how old is she/ he? Why do you think she/ he is impacted? Has it been a long time since she/ he went to that bathroom?
Karrie
She is about 5 months old and has recently gotten very big in the stomach area making me think that she may be bloated, i have not seen her poop in almost 2 days.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
She should be pooping every day for a baby--- I would remove the sand and use paper towels if you haft to for now --- I am no vet but you can PM or wait for some one else to weigh in on this -- our vet moderator is Tracie Drache613 or AHBD can also help --- find them on the board and click on their name and PM them
Karrie

Piccassofantasy

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2q1aizez said:
She should be pooping every day for a baby--- I would remove the sand and use paper towels if you haft to for now --- I am no vet but you can PM or wait for some one else to weigh in on this -- our vet moderator is Tracie Drache613 or AHBD can also help --- find them on the board and click on their name and PM them
Karrie
Thank you!! Will definitely do that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom