Dead toe?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help! I think my BD'S left long toe is dead! It's swollen and white, and seems super limp compared to the one on his left foot. What do I do?! I'm FREAKING OUT! I'll try to post a picture if I can...

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please post a pic of toe and you need to talk w/ Tracie Drache613 or AHBD --- they can help you the most
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I don't think the toe is dead, but he may have injured it?
If it was dead, it would be turning dark or necrotic. Could he have injured it somehow in his tank
running around or jumping off of something?
Does it seem to bother him when he is walking around?

Tracie

advannoy13

Original Poster
It doesn't seem to bother him walking Around but I have noticed it gets crossed by the next toe over a lot, like he doesn't have control of it. If I touch it and squeeze it lightly he will pull his foot away so I'm pretty sure he still has feeling in it.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Be sure to keep us posted on how he is doing on the antibiotic & anti-inflammatory he is on
right now.
How is his toe looking today?
I'm sorry it was injured, poor guy! I hope it doesn't hurt him too much.

Tracie

advannoy13

Original Poster
Baby Drogon has been on anti inflammatory's and antibiotics for 72 hours, we had to give him his first shot today (and that was NOT FUN). The swelling in his toe is going down, the toe actually looks like it may shed in the next day or 2. I'm very concerned though because it seems to me like his toe is separating more, I try not to touch it a lot, but when I have it feels really loose, I have a feeling he's going to end up having to have it amputated. I just want him to feel better, we're doing everything we can to keep him comfortable and happy right now, we love him SO MUCH, mommy is spoiling him and cuddling him to sleep every night, and trying to give him lots of attention and treats. We even have his new Zen, but he can't move in to it until his activity restriction is over (we even had to take out his hammock so he wouldn't climb on it).

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Oh dear--- I hope poor baby gets to start moving around here soon-- did he injure it or how did this happen w/ his toe?
Karrie

advannoy13

Original Poster
I have no clue if it happened before or after I got him... I pray it's nothing I did, it would break my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom