Accidentally gave too much medication!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardy11223

So we have a cute little Beardie. He is 3 years old and his name is Keenu! He was diagnosed with a RI and was given baytril to take twice a day. (.25 ml) What happened was that I usually give him his medicine, so I did, but my husband told me he also gave him medicine!! So he’s had a total of about .4 ml (he didn’t drink it all when I gave it to him) What should I do?! Should I give him water? He hates drinking! I just gave him a bath! I won’t give him his meds tomorrow morning!

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
There's a little button on the side of the posting area that says PM. If you PM Drachie613, she can weigh in. She's one of the moderators & a vet, so should definitely be able to help.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would hold off on the next dose. Try to offer water by dripping on his nose to lick up. Extra water will help his kidneys process the meds more easily. Since it's not a huge amount over the dose I would be surprised if it causes a big problem.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your little one doing?
As Cooper suggested, I agree, I would not give the next 1-2 doses of Baytril & let what he has
already gotten, assimilate & metabolize. Giving extra fluids will help to flush his system out,
too.
Has his beard been any darker than normal?
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom