Drastic behavior change

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoogGary

Hello,

Recently my bearded dragon Gary has started sleeping a lot more. Whenever I come home he’s usually asleep in his hide which is strange because he normally sleeps on the floor of the tank and not in his rock. About two months ago he had coccidia however he now has an entirely new tank and setup but that was a couple months so it’s not relocation stress. He stopped eating after coccidia but slowly he started coming around again and eating veggies (for some reason never eats bugs).

The reason I’m confused is because out of the blue he stops eating entirely and his beards been very black. However he’s been really sleeping and I’ve been giving him baths Incase it was hydration related, however I think he’s good because he’s been dropping a lot of those white sacks that are his urine, but his stool this morning was a lot of undigested looking plants which has happened in the past. Any advice?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

HerpGirl

Hatchling Member
It could be brumation. But his past illnesses may not be over. Coccidia is nothing to play with, do you have a reptile vet near by?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes and if his beard is black hes in distress -- i would see about getting him back in to the vet--- can you post pics of his tank and lighting please
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom