BEARDIE hasn’t eaten in 3 weeks, still active but sick

Status
Not open for further replies.
My BEARDIE has been sick for about 3 weeks, it all started when she threw up after I had fed her arugula. I figured that was the cause and that she would get passed it and start eating again. She hasn’t. I’ve tried to feed her all her favorite things and she just walks away or turns her head (like get that gross food away from me)
I’m not sure what to do and the vet here costs 200+ dollars and last visit I had they told me she was just acting up for attention. She fine and runs around still but randomly she will get really sick and lathargic and her beard turns black. Her body turns pale I’ve given her many baths and she’s pooped at least a little everytime. I don’t know what to do at this point. Force feed??

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sorry your post was missed!
Can you review your tank setup with us, such as the type/brand of UVB lighting, temperatures,
supplementation, substrate & insects fed?
How old is she?
If she is losing weight, then assist feeding is probably needed, yes. I would suggest using
some baby food such as chicken or turkey baby food, mixed with squash baby food, or sweet
potato baby food to start to see how she likes it.
Since she doesn't seem to be feeling well, you can keep her tank around 80 overnight to help
boost her immune system.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

Kiahmackley

Original Poster
Drache613":332jgbea said:
Hello,

I am sorry your post was missed!
Can you review your tank setup with us, such as the type/brand of UVB lighting, temperatures,
supplementation, substrate & insects fed?
How old is she?
If she is losing weight, then assist feeding is probably needed, yes. I would suggest using
some baby food such as chicken or turkey baby food, mixed with squash baby food, or sweet
potato baby food to start to see how she likes it.
Since she doesn't seem to be feeling well, you can keep her tank around 80 overnight to help
boost her immune system.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie
I posted this twice on accident. She passed away. I’m heartbroken, been crying for 3 days straight. Here’s how everything wa setup. She was only a year.
103843-8799639879.jpg
103843-9959655459.jpg
103843-1430689674.jpg
103843-115567423.jpg
103843-41005509.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am so sorry to hear about your baby------------ its never a easy thing losing them--- you become so attached -- its hard to say what caused it either --- other than the not eating was she doing anything else out of the ordinary? I dont see a UVB -- or did you have a coil? UVB's play a huge role in eating digesting food etc.............. basically their over all health---
Karrie

Kiahmackley

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3q7yaoeg said:
I am so sorry to hear about your baby------------ its never a easy thing losing them--- you become so attached -- its hard to say what caused it either --- other than the not eating was she doing anything else out of the ordinary? I dont see a UVB -- or did you have a coil? UVB's play a huge role in eating digesting food etc.............. basically their over all health---
Karrie
Just had a coil. I’m sure that didn’t help. I was wondering if she was egg bound? I’m not sure. She was only a year and was still active and happy other than not eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom