Possible infection? His leg is slightly swollen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmboisari

[XIMG]10378
103782-4410468447.jpg
2 4580209334[/XIMG] I recently adopted my beardie milo from a friend, and his leg was like this when i brought him home. It seems painful and he dosent move around too much, Im getting really worried about it. (it is not oozing, that is neosporin i applied after washing it with a weak betadine soloution for the first time) Should i take him to a vet?

mmboisari

Original Poster
103782-4580209334.jpg
Heres another photo (without neosporin). The friend i got him on didnt have him on the best diet either, and he had really not been handled in a while with minimal attention given, i got him around two days ago and have him on a meal plan. He is eating and drinking fine but he can take some coaxing at times.

SPandS

Juvie Member
I would definitely take him to the vet asap. The second pic almost looks like it was broken, possibly crushed and may have internal bleeding or infection. It's hard to tell. How is his set up? Since he doesn't move it around much is he able to get close enough to his uvb and basking light? Can you show us his tank and list the brands of the bulbs used. Do you know how old he is? A full shot of him would be nice too. Just want to make sure everything is as best as it can be to make sure he has the best chance to get better.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Just checking to see how your dragon was doing & whether or not you had taken him to see
a vet? Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom