Page 1 of 1

Beardie swallowed glass

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:12 pm
by JamGoesOnToast
[TOPIC AUTO-LOCKED DUE TO INACTIVITY]

I was giving him some Fluker's liquid vitamin and he crunched really hard down on the glass eyedropper and swallowed what came off. I have no idea what to do. The only vet around that takes beardies opens tomorrow morning but I won't be able to take him until the afternoon but I still wont be able to afford it. What can I do for right now to at least make sure he lives through the night in case he gets cut in his insides or something?

Re: Beardie swallowed glass

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:56 pm
by AHBD
Hi there, this happens from time to time and the beardie usually is fine. How big a piece was it ? Just keep your beardie fed so the glass is surrounded and sort of encapsulated by the food and passes through the G.I tract. It should pass through alright. Other than that it would require surgery.

Re: Beardie swallowed glass

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:53 pm
by JamGoesOnToast
Thank you for your response! It wasn't a very large piece and he bit it again before swallowing so I believe its in two or so pieces being less than 1/8in each. I did give him some banana and olive oil after my boyfriend did some research and found an old post with this almost exact situation. Now it's just a waiting game.

You would think companies wouldn't use glass for these things if it happens so often. I understand it is my responsibility and I am to blame for the incident but its still aggravating. I guess I just put too much trust into it. :/