Is this breathing normal? Bearded Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon seems to be doing this weird breathing thing for the last few days. His upper chest region puffs in and out and his beard puffs in and out as well. I have a video of him doing this but I am not sure how to upload it to here. Everything else seems to be fine, he has been eating and going to the bathroom normally. He is around 4 months old. I am not sure if something is wrong with him and I should be worried. If you know how I could upload the video I will.
Video: https://youtu.be/lSyHAUw-L98

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What are the temps in your tank and how are you measuring them?
What is his diet like?

Is he in the process of shedding? Sometimes dragons do this when they are shedding to help loosen the skin but we should make sure your husbandry is in order before ruling out anything else.

-Brandon

beardierhaegal

Original Poster
claudiusx":3eaou1bw said:
What are the temps in your tank and how are you measuring them?
What is his diet like?

Is he in the process of shedding? Sometimes dragons do this when they are shedding to help loosen the skin but we should make sure your husbandry is in order before ruling out anything else.

-Brandon

His basking spot stays at around 105-110 degrees, the warm side of the tank stays at around 85-90, while the cool side sits at around 70-80, I use a digital thermometer with a probe.

I uploaded a video to my youtube so you can see exactly what he is doing.
https://youtu.be/lSyHAUw-L98

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What has he been eating?

I did watch the video, it doesn't look like the typical throat/beard stretching.

-Brandon

beardierhaegal

Original Poster
claudiusx":20ushlcu said:
What has he been eating?

I did watch the video, it doesn't look like the typical throat/beard stretching.

-Brandon

I feed him crickets twice a day and each time i feed him i fill his food bowl w a mixture of collard greens, arugula, and romaine. The weird thins is he doesnt seem to be in any distress, his belly is actually more white then it usually is and he seems very relaxed as we speak.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You're right he did look very relaxed and calm in the video. Everything seems good the only thing I would be concerned with is a URI. Do you bathe him at all?

Besides that I can't think of anything else that could be an issue.

-Brandon

beardierhaegal

Original Poster
claudiusx":v0u533su said:
You're right he did look very relaxed and calm in the video. Everything seems good the only thing I would be concerned with is a URI. Do you bathe him at all?

Besides that I can't think of anything else that could be an issue.

-Brandon

I bathe him once or twice a week, he still seems fine but keeps doing the breathing. Maybe he is about to shed im not sure. I will keep an eye on him over the next few days and post an update soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom