Hasn’t pooped in almost a week...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaelwizard

Hatchling Member
Hi guys. Flash hasn’t been doing great. I feed him superworms and/or crickets daily. I dust them too. He has reptisun t5 tube and basking light for those of you who want to know. Also I found out that he pooped out a completely undigested cricket.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Kaelwizard":3llfxd0d said:
Hi guys. Flash hasn’t been doing great. I feed him superworms and/or crickets daily. I dust them too. He has reptisun t5 tube and basking light for those of you who want to know. Also I found out that he pooped out a completely undigested cricket.
How old is Flash?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Kaelwizard":3tsrpyzc said:
5 months I think. He has never had this problem with supers before.
Superworms should only be fed as treats to adult dragons and, even the only 2 or 3 every couple of weeks. Babies and, Juvies should not have them at all. The can cause severe impaction and, at 5 months old he should be pooping at least once if not twice a day.

SPandS

Juvie Member
What are the temps in the tank, especially the basking temp? Does he like baths? You could try soaking him in warm water and gently massage his stomach to try and encourage him to poop. You can also feed plain pumpkin or plain applesauce with a drop or 2 of olive or coconut oil to help move things along.

Kaelwizard

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I don't have the best thermometer but it is above 90 degrees F. He pooped today. Also, he generally does not bask at all. He is scared of me and only comes out when I am away or playing my xbox (I know it sounds weird but it is true).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom