Is this yellow fungus??

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Is this yellow fungus??

Postby MehKoala » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:23 am

MehKoala
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Is this yellow fungus??

Postby RarestDragon » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:49 am

Doesn't look like it. Yellow fungus is usually a bit more blotchy than that. Most of the yellow in those pics look like natural coloring. The only one that doesn't look natural is the first one. But that one looks more like your dragon may have gotten some food on it or something. Have you tried giving your beardie a bath to see if any of that yellow comes off? Try taking a q-tip and gently wash that spot.
RarestDragon
Hatchling Poster

Postby MehKoala » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:56 am

RarestDragon wrote:Doesn't look like it. Yellow fungus is usually a bit more blotchy than that. Most of the yellow in those pics look like natural coloring. The only one that doesn't look natural is the first one. But that one looks more like your dragon may have gotten some food on it or something. Have you tried giving your beardie a bath to see if any of that yellow comes off? Try taking a q-tip and gently wash that spot.

I gave him a bath and it wouldn’t come off, but I’m actually thinking that it might be stuck shed.
MehKoala
Newbie Poster

Postby AHBD » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:29 am

Possibly a bit of shed but I don't see anything that looks fungal either.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby MehKoala » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:47 am

AHBD wrote:Possibly a bit of shed but I don't see anything that looks fungal either.

Great news, it was stuck shed! I got quite a bit of it off, but the rest is gonna take some time.

MehKoala
Newbie Poster

Postby Gormagon » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:36 am

Be sure to spritz him to allow it to come off naturally, you should never take it off forcefully.
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
RIP Peaches 10-1-18 Forever in my Heart
Gormagon
Gray-bearded Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER