Bearded dragons poop has pink in it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve had my beardie Rosie for a year now and she never basks I don’t know what to do her temps are fine her hot end is 102-104 degrees and her cold end is 85 degrees. She spends all of her time in a cave on her cold side. She eats well and is active most days but lately she just sleeps loads or is sat staring into space until I give her her food and then she will eat and then go back to sit in her shaded area I’m worrying now because she isn’t digesting her food at all and I can’t understand what’s wrong can anyone help?

Also I use a daylight basking bulb and 2 tube lights for her uvb she has a repti-glo 10.0 and repti-glo 2.0 should I be using something else or are these okay?
And one last thing I forgot is she isn’t pooping regularly anymore I have to bathe her every few days for her to poo and If i don’t it can take up to nearly a week for her to poo should I think about getting her a checkup at the vets? Update:
( I sorted this problem out)

Second question my beardie pooped today and it has a pink tint to it does she have parasites or maybe stressed) I am going to get her to the vets anyhow but I just thought you guys may be able to help me out

Laurenjc01

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2ed3fnrn said:
How are you taking temps? With a Infrared Heat Gun?
Karrie
Hi Karrie I’ve sorted out the problem her temps were right it’s just she was too warm sitting on her big branch that she usually basks on because I had moved it slightly during a clean so I moved it away a little and she’s happy and actively basking again but I still have a problem with her pooping. She pooped today and it was her usual greenish colour (it’s green because of the food she eats) but there is like a reddish/pink tint to it do you think she may have parasites or maybe she’s slightly stressed? Or could it be that she ate some red cabbage a few days ago and her poo has changed colour for that reason?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
this is some info for you on the UVB ----Which UVB light should I use?
The best UVB light is a ReptiSun 10.0 fluorescent tube (Or Arcardia 12% in the UK). Compact or coil bulbs do not emit the proper amount of UVB light for a bearded dragon, and should not be used. Other brands, such as the Zilla Desert Series and ReptiGlo have been known to cause eye problems and other health issues with bearded dragons, and should be avoided. The reason that some UVB lights (Zilla, ReptiGlo, coils/compacts, ect.) are considered dangerous is because the wavelength of UVB that they emit is shorter and more intense than the wavelength of the "safe" lights (ReptiSun, Arcadia).
UVB lights should be replaced every 6 months.
**Note: Fluorescent light bulbs contain mercury, so you shouldn't throw away your used ReptiSuns. Take them to a facility that will dispose of them for you. Some hardware stores such as Home Depot may take your used bulbs for you.
Also what are you feeding her that is red? Red peppers -? any sweet potato that usually comes out orangeish -- the hot side could be too hot --- she might like her temps closer to the 90's ---
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom