I need help my beardie won’t bask

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

I need help my beardie won’t bask

Postby Laurenjc01 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:26 am

I’ve had my beardie Rosie for a year now and she never basks I don’t know what to do her temps are fine her hot end is 102-104 degrees and her cold end is 85 degrees. She spends all of her time in a cave on her cold side. She eats well and is active most days but lately she just sleeps loads or is sat staring into space until I give her her food and then she will eat and then go back to sit in her shaded area I’m worrying now because she isn’t digesting her food at all and I can’t understand what’s wrong can anyone help?

Also I use a daylight basking bulb and 2 tube lights for her uvb she has a repti-glo 10.0 and repti-glo 2.0 should I be using something else or are these okay?
And one last thing I forgot is she isn’t pooping regularly anymore I have to bathe her every few days for her to poo and If i don’t it can take up to nearly a week for her to poo should I think about getting her a checkup at the vets?
Laurenjc01
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: I need help my beardie won’t bask

Postby KarrieRee » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:39 pm

How are you taking temps? With a Infrared Heat Gun?
Karrie
KarrieRee
Sub-Adult Poster

Re: I need help my beardie won’t bask

Postby Laurenjc01 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:03 am

KarrieRee wrote:How are you taking temps? With a Infrared Heat Gun?
Karrie

Hi Karrie I’ve sorted out the problem her temps were right it’s just she was too warm sitting on her big branch that she usually basks on because I had moved it slightly during a clean so I moved it away a little and she’s happy and actively basking again but I still have a problem with her pooping. She pooped today and it was her usual greenish colour (it’s green because of the food she eats) but there is like a reddish/pink tint to it do you think she may have parasites or maybe she’s slightly stressed?
Laurenjc01
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER