Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone so this morning I noticed blood in my cage and my beardie bleeding from his foot, he had blood in his mouth I dont know what happened because he was fine last night. I noticed this right before I was about to feed him.
102659-2500960790.jpg
102659-286645340.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
His toe looks like perhaps the nail got caught in something. I'd keep that as clean as you can and apply some plain neosporin or raw honey on it to help protect it from infection as it heals. The blood in the mouth is more concerning to me. Did it look like a cut in his mouth or around his jawline? Or did it look like he was coughing up blood? That could be quite serious if it's the case. Was there a possibility that he was attacked by another animal?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Looks like the toe got hung in something or bitten. Do you have one of those green mesh hammocks or another dragon in with him by chance?
Dab some raw honey on it to aid in healing and prevent infection. Neosporin w/o pain relief is another way to do it.

LordPotRoast

Original Poster
I think he might have bitten himself, I got him to open his mouth and I didnt see any blood, and there was only one drop of blood. I already applied neosporin, what does honey do exactly and wouldn't he want to try and eat that? Hes a lone bearded dragon in a 20 gallon tank, so he has enough room but I dont think him bitting himself is normal behavior I caught him trying to do it again. I dont have a hammock of any kind but I was planning on getting one, should I avoid it?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
OK that's good that his mouth doesn't appear to be bleeding. The honey is an antimicrobial and will help prevent infection and promote healing. It's tough to apply to their feet though since it's so sticky. Neosporin might be a better bet. I apply honey to their feet overnight so it doesn't get dirty while they run around but has time to take effect. He might be biting at it because it's bothering him for some reason. Is his hand shedding? Hammocks are OK but I suggest going with fleece. The green mesh ones can catch their nails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom