Help! I'm babysitting this dragon and panicking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m babysitting this dragon and it’s been a little over a week since I’ve had him and today he’s been acting strange. I noticed him propped up against the wall under the lamp and I freaked out because it didn’t seem like he was breathing. So I went on a forum and read he could be dehydrated so I spritzed him with some water. A few minutes later he was moving around. BUT now whenever he sees me he flares up! He was getting used to me being around and me touching him, now I don’t know what I’ve done to make him upset again.

Also... Usually when I put in the crickets he attacks them. Today he let them crawl all over him and doesn’t seem to have an appetite.

I moved away a little to give him some room, but now every time I move he jumps.

And now he's just laying there in a corner watching me through slitted eyes.

Also he hasn’t pooped yesterday or today and when he did before it was watery.

Am I slowly killing him? Help. I know nothing about lizards and the owner is in a different country right now.

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
How old is he ? Does he have a digital probe thermometer ?
Maybe you could post a few pictures of him and the tank and lights setup. Here’s a link to post some pictures.
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads
Then just use the XIMG button above to post them.
If you have a plastic eye dropper you can drop a few drops on her mouth, it might take a bit before he starts drinking.
Hopefully you can get those pictures posted & others on this board can give you some advice.

helpthebbisitter

Original Poster
103602-3442536472.jpg
103602-7470187195.jpg

I'm not certain of the age, I know she had him for about 2 years.
He doesn't have a digital thermometer, I'm not sure if she uses one at home. :(

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, I think the spritzing startled him and now he's being wary of you. :) His actions are pretty normal, they do not have much to do in a small enclosure like that and sometimes they just lay around. He's fine if he's been eating well all these days up until you sprayed him. BTW, is the light always shining from the side or did you just set it there for the picture ? I know it's not your beardie but when the owner comes to get him, ask them to join here to see about a few tank adjustments.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I agree w/ AHBD--- is this what she keeps him in -- he has no things to climb on like logs------------ platforms no hides or caves ---
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom