The tip of my beardies tail fell off, is this tail rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finleythebeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I’m not too concerned because it is not bleeding but I do want to know if there is something wrong that he needs the vet. Or what I should do to like keep it clean until the tip heals. The part that fell off was hard like a stick but it was only a tiny piece (granted he is still a juvenile) the rest of his tail seems healthy. I really just want him to be ok. I would put in a photo but I don’t know how. I’ve looked at some photos of tail rot and o don’t think it is tail rot but I could be wrong. In most photos the tail is like halfway dark, it’s just the tip of his and most of that fell off (there is still some left on) Please help

Finleythebeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I contacted the person who bred him and they said this happened to a few of his siblings and she was concerned that it was tail rot but it never progressed more than the tip falling off and the tail was completely healthy afterwards. I’m still concerned tho because I am a new beardie owner and he is my first beardie.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
No tail rot visible to me. This can happen when they have a retained shed that cuts circulation or, the tail gets nipped or damaged in some way. The darker color you are seeing is quite normal.

Finleythebeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Is there anything I should do to make sure it doesn’t happen again because the tip of his tail is sorta nicked so that could explain why it fell off. Or is there anything I should do to keep clean, is it at risk of infection or something?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Yes, you can dab Raw honey on it (make sure there are no loose bugs present in the viv), it has natural antibiotic and, anti-microbial ingredients. Mix it 50/50 with water and, apply with a q-tip.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
the part that is dry looking and dark will eventually fall off too. But have no fear, so far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom