Sleeping beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sue75

Hi everyone. We adopted a bearded dragon in November. He wasn't well cared for so we took him home, purchased new tank etc. He has thrived since then, eating and pooping. I've noticed the last few days a,decrease in appetite and 2 nights ago he snuggled up in the cool end of his tank to sleep. 2 days on and he is still there and still sleeping. He opens an eye occasionally and then goes back to sleep. I've read about brumation but it's been quite warm in the last few days. Is it normal at the start of March for a dragon to go into brumation...or any other ideas on what it could be please. This is all new to me so any advice welcome. Thank you x

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It isn't beyond the realm of possibility that he would be going into a light brumation in March,
but shouldn't last long if he did.
Can you review the tank setup with us, such as type/brand of UVB, supplementation used,
temperatures, along with a few pictures of him so we could be sure everything is correct.
How old is he?

Tracie

Sue75

Original Poster
103560-5814899835.jpg
Hi Tracie
Thank you for getting back to me. I don't know how old he is ad he is a rescue and the people we rescued him from knew nothing about reptiles. I hv attached 2 pictures...1 as his normal lively self and 1 as he had been the last few days.
103560-5814899835.jpg

The Viv he is in is 120cm long x 47cm deep x 55cm high. His UV is an Arcadia desert 10% + UVB lamp 75cms long 25 watt. He also has a ceramic heat lamp at 1 end. He is fed veg with calcium sprinkled daily and live every other day x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom