Please help!!! Swollen limb!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddhasmm

Hey guys my bearded dragon limps. His right arm is not bending like the left and it is swollen. His skin on that arm is hard. Idk if this is due to shedding or what. Please help me if u know something.

99183-8981753364.jpg

99183-2255839105.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Can you review your tank setup with us, such as the type/brand of UVB, supplementation used,
temperatures, substrate used, foods offered. If you have any pictures of his tank setup that would
be great also.
He is a gorgeous handsome dragon.

Tracie

Buddhasmm

Original Poster
Well I have a basic 40 gallon tank I have a uvb light and 75 w basking lamp. I’m a working man I work a lot and never use to turn off his uvb and bask in light off u till about 2 weeks ago. I also didn’t really use vitamin supplement as much as I was supposed to. But now I’m on it. I also think my lights are not as strong as they were when I bought them. So I’m going to get a better uvb lamp and a baskin light today. I’m guessing this is Mbd because he has lump on leg joint and his front hand is swollen also hard lump on joint. I was thinking maybe to take him to get to get bloodwork done but in America I think taking him to the vet is gonna be **** ton of money.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
You are working and can't afford to get some bloodwork done to find out what is behind this? Sorry but that's not good enough.

You don't know what's at the cause of this, could be a broken arm (xrays will tell if this is the case) , or gout (bloodwork and xrays needed) , or an infected arm (bloodwork needed). This is not something that is going to go away spontaneously , and longer you leave it untreated by a vet, the worse it's going to get and the more expensive to treat/cure.

A vet is not going to be that expensive if you deal with now before this become a more serious and likely more complicated problem ==> more expensive to assess and treat.

Buddhasmm

Original Poster
So I’m going to take him to the vet tomorrow $160 for X-ray $169 for bloodwork and 70 for visit. Prices in America are outrageous.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Buddhasmm":3oee4ky3 said:
So I’m going to take him to the vet tomorrow $160 for X-ray $169 for bloodwork and 70 for visit. Prices in America are outrageous.
Yet you live here, just like us....Welcome to The good old USA!!! Complaining about it ain't gonna fix your dragon.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Anytime diagnostics are run, it is always expensive. It will definitely help though to know exactly
what is going on with him so that you can get him on the right track.
How is he doing today?

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Buddhasmm":1dlyukvn said:
Some of us have spent several hundred dollars or even thousands to try to help a much loved pet dragon or skink.
Sometimes in one hit for surgery and wound up empty bank balance and with a dead pet. So really it comes down how much you love and want to help the pet.

Whinging about vet costs wont help your dragon get better. Man-up and deal with it.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Please be respectful of the OP's topic. Belittling a member does not
solve anything nor does it help the dragon especially if the OP does not return to his thread.

Thank you.

Tracie

Buddhasmm

Original Poster
Well took him to the vet turns out my uvb lamp was really low so I got him a 10.0 and I updated his whole setup. The swelling is going down and he is very active again. Thanks for everyone’s help.

99183-5249968106.jpg

99183-5795306987.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is good to hear you changed out his UVB light. Which one do you have in for him now?
I see that you started a thread in the Enclosures area?
I hope he is feeling better. Let us know how things are coming along with his new lighting &
activity.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom