Male bites female

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irene82

Hi my bearded dragon male bites female was biting on her legs is it something to worry about... He bit a scale of... As well he was lying on her before and just started biting her

SPandS

Juvie Member
Yes it is something to worry about. He can kill her. Bearded dragons should never be housed together or allowed to be around each other for this very reason.

If he was trying to bite her neck while he was laying on her he was trying to mate. How old are they?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Yes it is most certainly something to be worried about!!!
This can turn tragic in seconds. They need to be in separate vivs immediately..

Irene82

Original Poster
SandP":2qoemic9 said:
Yes it is something to worry about. He can kill her. Bearded dragons should never be housed together or allowed to be around each other for this very reason.

If he was trying to bite her neck while he was laying on her he was trying to mate. How old are they?

They are two years old... He usally lays under the rock and she on top.. I have not recieved them when they where young. But at they age they really friendly... So i am still learning them... And his beard is black

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
He could be trying to mate with her. Please house them in separate cages ASAP so he doesn't hurt or kill her.

Irene82

Original Poster
Aaradimian":31e7hxbq said:
He could be trying to mate with her. Please house them in separate cages ASAP so he doesn't hurt or kill her.
Thanks ill do so so how do you know when its time to mate.... Its just a question i would like to mate with them on a later stage... If he or they wants to

SPandS

Juvie Member
I've never bred them before so I'm not 100% but they should be old enough to mate now. Please do tons of research and make sure you are able to not only care for the eggs and babies once they hatch but also any or all of them the rest of their lives if you can't find them homes once old enough to adopt out. The can lay up to 30 eggs and once the babies hatch you will need an almost endless supply of live insects for them to survive. She may actually already be carrying fertile eggs if they mated. If you aren't ready for the responsibly you can freeze them once laid to humanely stop them from hatching.

Irene82

Original Poster
SandP":1jd84ysd said:
I've never bred them before so I'm not 100% but they should be old enough to mate now. Please do tons of research and make sure you are able to not only care for the eggs and babies once they hatch but also any or all of them the rest of their lives if you can't find them homes once old enough to adopt out. The can lay up to 30 eggs and once the babies hatch you will need an almost endless supply of live insects for them to survive. She may actually already be carrying fertile eggs if they mated. If you aren't ready for the responsibly you can freeze them once laid to humanely stop them from hatching.

Thanks so much i will do so i will ve ready where i am i can get isect easy but in the middel of this month i ant to start baying myself dubia roaches so i can start breeding with them...

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Irene82":282k3rwg said:
Aaradimian":282k3rwg said:
Thanks ill do so so how do you know when its time to mate.... Its just a question i would like to mate with them on a later stage... If he or they wants to

I've never tried to breed dragons, but my guess would be that springtime would be the time, like most animals. There are a lot of posters who have done this, so I'd see if one of them can answer how it is done safely. In my mind, it'd have to be where they are brought together for that purpose, monitored closely, then separated, but that's only my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom