Want to check if doing okay for recovery from impaction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, my 5 mo old, Hestia, developed an impaction from mature Phoenix worms. I have a bunch and many were turning black (but still moving) so I pinned them at least twice thinking they would be okay to give her mixed in with less mature ones. I had run out of dubias so she ate these as staple insects for 4 days along with collard greens, green beans and squash. She got super bloated. I stopped the worms and gave her only baby apple sauce and greens for 2 days. She was straining to poo and finally went today. There were the casings of MANY phoenix worms and very little urate which was pink/red. I gave her 2mls slowly of water by syringe after seeing that urate and she has gone back to normal size. Also, this episode is the first time she's ever done a fully extended black beard.
Should I stick with soft baby food for a few days to let her tummy settle down? What should I watch for regarding her kidneys?

Her viv temps are 110 basking and 74 cool side. Her uvb is an Acadia t5 12%
When Hestia was bloated:
103097-6998766162.jpg
The discolored urate:
103097-5917846304.jpg
Hestia less bloated today after letting it all out:
103097-2358478285.jpg
103097-9946196251.jpg
Thanks for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom