Want to check if doing okay for recovery from impaction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, my 5 mo old, Hestia, developed an impaction from mature Phoenix worms. I have a bunch and many were turning black (but still moving) so I pinned them at least twice thinking they would be okay to give her mixed in with less mature ones. I had run out of dubias so she ate these as staple insects for 4 days along with collard greens, green beans and squash. She got super bloated. I stopped the worms and gave her only baby apple sauce and greens for 2 days. She was straining to poo and finally went today. There were the casings of MANY phoenix worms and very little urate which was pink/red. I gave her 2mls slowly of water by syringe after seeing that urate and she has gone back to normal size. Also, this episode is the first time she's ever done a fully extended black beard.
Should I stick with soft baby food for a few days to let her tummy settle down? What should I watch for regarding her kidneys?

Her viv temps are 110 basking and 74 cool side. Her uvb is an Acadia t5 12%
When Hestia was bloated:
103097-6998766162.jpg
The discolored urate:
103097-5917846304.jpg
Hestia less bloated today after letting it all out:
103097-2358478285.jpg
103097-9946196251.jpg
Thanks for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom